System Lag After Clean Windows 10 Installation

Sep 10, 2018
First of all, I am aware this question has come up before, and I have already followed any advice I could find in those threads with little or no success.

I very recently purchased a new Samsung Evo 1TB SSD. This drive was to replace my existing 480GB Sandisk SSD. After doing this swap, I installed the 480 Sandisk as a replacement for my previous boot HDD.

I did a completely clean install of Windows 10 Pro to the Sandisk SSD, and then set up my other 2 physical drives as 4 logical partitions for organizational purposes.

For the first day, the system worked fine with good framerates and fast loading speeds all around.

After sleeping and booting the machine back up however, the system as a whole is very sluggish, and any game I try to play is consistently under 30 fps. Typing in Discord is lagged by nearly a second, and programs usually take 5-10 seconds to start.

I have verified up to date graphics drivers, chipset drivers, BIOS, and OS updates. I physically cleaned the inside of the computer, and reseated my RAM. I have never overclocked the computer, drives pass diagnostics, RAM passes diagnostics, and system resource usage is well within normal ranges. Power settings inside the OS and NVIDIA control panel are set to max performance. I have turned both Superfetch and windows search services off.

Hardware:
-i7-4790K @ 4.00GHz
-16.00 GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz
-Sandisk 480 GB SSD (boot drive)
-WD Black 4TB HDD (2 partitions, 1TB for documents, 3TB for less played/less loading games)
-Samsung Evo 1TB SSD (2 partitions, 500GB for steam library, 500GB for other manual install games)
-EVGA 980Ti Hybrid with 6 GB VRAM

I've tried the whole reinstall twice now, and both times the overall system lag starts to happen within a day, and at this point I am at a loss on what to do try or what may be causing it. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Sep 10, 2018
So I have since resolved the issue after a lot of various troubleshooting, and it comes down to when I tried to fix a different issue even before the first reinstall.

To try to resolve and issue with my USB 3.0 ports prior, I performed a BIOS update, which apparently had the side effect of resetting all my BIOS settings. I have an older hybrid cooler for my CPU that requires the CPU fan to be set to full throttle at all times. Basically what happened is that my CPU was overheating and throttling due to the pump on my cooler not running properly.

The temp monitor I had been using was reporting inaccurately, and after reseating my RAM again I noticed the excessively hot piping. Checked BIOS reading of temperature and it was sitting at 91 degrees.