chrome slow help

Skipping-Bear

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
For a while now Chrome has been acting slow i get youtube video freezes and have to refresh the page and a lot of the time it will freeze again and when taking a tab and putting it on my other monitor chrome lags behind
its wierd cause chrome beta doesnt do any of this its fast snappy and i have all the same extenstions on beta as i do the stable chrome.
chrome beta is jsut faster all around than the stable version both are on my ssd so im not understanding whats going on here i have reinstalled chrome stable serveral times and to no avail chrome stable is still laggy and freezes with youtube i have disbaled and enabled hardware acceleralation and everything is still the same slow and laggy

gaborbarla

Distinguished
I would try a few things: Clear Chrome cache, reinstall graphics drivers (clean install), change power options to Performance and test.

Also, see if you can see anything eating up CPU cycles in task manager. (all users)

Gabor

Skipping-Bear

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014

already checked all this i like to cover all my bases before i ask for help just to speed every thing up i clear everything with chrome at least once a week with ccleaner. also have cookie auto delete extension. my power options is already at high performance. the only thing using my cpu when chrome is running is chrome i update my drivers as often as nvidia rolls them out unless i get a poor overclock with a driver then ill use the previous driver i do a clean install with DDu as well. i thought it might have been an gpu or cpu overclock that would be causing this so i ran everything at stock speeds with both my gpu and cpu and it stil happens with stable chrome