How do I connect old Lan games on windows 10?

brockdragon

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2012
I use to just set up a homegroup and my computers were happy once allowed through firewall would connect perfect. Now I went to connect after 6-12months of no age of mythology with kids and homegroups gone and I cant even find my pcs or laptops.

How do i set up a network now that my older games will happily pick up?

Solution

as already said by the previous guy, try to ping your machine to the other machine by doing the following:

Find your pc's/laptop's IP Address

Step 1) go to the other devices and Go to: Start -> Control panel -> Network and ethernet -> Network Sharing Center -> on the left click change adapter settings -> then right on the icon where you are connected to the internet -> click in status -> then click on Details. note the IPv4 Address of every pc.

Step 2) when you got all the ip addresses, go to your own pc/laptop and do the following: Start -> Type in CMD (no need for...

MLG_No_Scope

Respectable
May 23, 2017

as already said by the previous guy, try to ping your machine to the other machine by doing the following:

Find your pc's/laptop's IP Address

Step 1) go to the other devices and Go to: Start -> Control panel -> Network and ethernet -> Network Sharing Center -> on the left click change adapter settings -> then right on the icon where you are connected to the internet -> click in status -> then click on Details. note the IPv4 Address of every pc.

Step 2) when you got all the ip addresses, go to your own pc/laptop and do the following: Start -> Type in CMD (no need for administrator rights) -> and then enter in the box: ping "IP Address", but enter the address after the ping without the quotes.

let me know how the result went
;)

Solution