[SOLVED] Computer freezes and loosed signal to monitor.

Jolaoso

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015
I've seen threads that pertain to my issue but they were either its a bad PSU, which in my case does not make seance, or bad GPU. My issue started yesterday when I was normaly gaming, no issue. And when I was finished i turn off the pc normal, no issue, and I went to bed. I forgot to do something so I turned back on the pc (keep In mind this was 10 min after I shut down my pc) and as soon as i logged in it froze and went to a black screen following no signal on the monitor.

I have no Idea what the issue could be because I did nothing different yesterday than what I did the other days this week.

I tried to boot it up a couple of times in the morning and I got different results. They will all freezes and go to a no signal but instead of a black screen it would be white or red. (Black is more common)

Note: event viewer really doesn't tell me anything other than "your computer shutdown unexpectedly" and error codes that lead to (what i looked up) "kernal power". All of this was in safe mode.

PLUS! I can stay at the login screen for as long as I want but as soon as i logon it crashes after a few seconds.

Specs (if needed)
Cpu: fx 8370 *overclocked*
Mobo: msi 970 gaming
Ram: 16 gb ddr3 1866
Gpu's: rx 580 strix oc, 1050 to strix oc.
Psu: corsair cx 650m
Storage: 1xssd 3xhhd
*wifi card.

Jolaoso

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015

Because of the fact that it only crashes when log into windows, no where else. It could be a OC issue but why now? I haven't changed it in months.

Jolaoso

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015

So i just disabled my rx 580 in safe mode in device manager, booted up normaly and no issue. I'm still using the 580 as a display output. It could be driver because i haven't updated in a long time for a reason. What do you think?

Jolaoso

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2015

Well don't you know GPU's will solely only work as a display output and nothing else when disabled in device manager? Because i have it disabled in device manager right and its working as a display output.