How to partition a blank HD for win10 without any win10 cd.

Sep 11, 2018
I have the ISO from MS . Im trying to give new life to my old Asus laptop.it meets the minimum requirements. Long story short, a thumb drive and dvd with the ISO properly put in it just loads the blue win logo but never pops up the page where you can select a partition. The laptop just shuts off. So figured maybe the partition is wrong since it had Vista Home Premium. So nuked the HD with a software to wipe it completely but the software didn't have options to partition it to get it ready for another attempt. So... tried the win10 dvd again and it still gives me the same issue where it just sits on the initial blue windows logo then the laptop shuts down. Can you guys tell me what to use to make a bootable DVD to partition it properly for win 10. That's my next step. Btw... the laptop had no issues. Just wanted to throw in the official win10 32bit is and see if it goes. Any help is loved

What's a IOS from ME?
Anyways on that blue logo screen windows actually prepares the disk for installation (it scans the disk and creates a uefi partition) and it can take a long time time for it to complete depending on how old/slow the disk but also the rest of the hardware is.Partitioning it beforehand might not change anything about this unless you do it just right.

If you want to partition the disk beforehand you can get any free partitioning tool and they all have some sort of media creation tool that runs off of a USB or cd/dvd,easus partition master for example that I use but if you are partial to some other software you have used in the past check out if they have something similar,most of them do.
https://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-guide/create-winpe-bootable-disk.html

Sep 11, 2018
ISO from MS. I meant. Auto correct. I think I tried the easeus but stopped since it required payment to create a bootable. But I'll look into it again. Is it odd that on the very first screen of the blue win logo that the laptop shuts down? I re downloaded the ISO to make sure it's not corrupt. Still the sane issue. I'll try again today.

Sep 11, 2018
Also what funny is I have a old win8.1 ISO dvd that I tried aswell and it does the same thing. When i have used it in the past from new builds , normally the dvd boots up and the blue logo shows and in about 2 or so minutes the first window pops up. But in this case, the laptop just shuts down. I did check the bios for any security features.

Sep 11, 2018

Weird.... Vista installs just fine. Just win 8.. 8.1... win10 32bit and 64bit just hang at the blue logo then Shut the whole laptop down. I have to press the power button and restarts. I have a suspicion that it could be my dead battery. If I unplug it from the cord, it last about 1 second then dies. Could that be the culprit?