Multiple Bugs Help Needed

I usually play games etc on my computer, I tried to run one today and it just loaded up crash report instead. I restarted turning my pc fully off, tried again and still nothing. I tired another game and it caused discord to crash and the game to crash. I updated my graphics card drivers just in-case, then tried a 3rd time to launch a game and it crashed windows I think as my monitor lost signal and I was returned to the log into windows and all programs started loading as if I just restarted. My desktop background also randomly changed. Why is this happening, is it my HDD or Bug/virus or something like that?

Specs:
CPU: i7 3770k
GPU: Zotac Gtx 760 2GB
RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Venance
HDD: Quite old maybe 7years?
5 answers Last reply
More about multiple bugs needed
  1. What OS? What games are you playing?

Have you run any AV scans?

Key to identify some reason for the crashes.

Any error codes or warnings? Check Reliability History and Event Viewer.
  2. Ralston18 said:
    What OS? What games are you playing?
    Win10. Siege and Overwatch
    Have you run any AV scans?
    Not yet
    Key to identify some reason for the crashes.

Any error codes or warnings? Check Reliability History and Event Viewer.
    No warning at all! Where is that?

3. Run AV scans.

To get to Reliability History and Event Viewer enter one or the other into the "Type here to search box".

Explore and see what you can find. Error codes and warnings can be very helpful.
  4. Keep watching.

And do some controlled tests: e.g. games and no games, discord - no discord. Etc....

Add some details about your system: PSU - Make and model with wattage, age, condition.

Also - Make and model HDD, size? Have you run the manufacturer's diagnostic software on it? May help narrow down the possible causes.
Ask a new question

Read More

Crash Hard Drives Games GPUs Bug Software