Nvidia RTX's DLSS Roster Gets Nine New Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

As should anyone even when it seems too good to be true.

The one thing though is the features of this card seem tempting. Its not so much the performance for me at this point, I am happy where I am with my 1080 but the features sound interesting and have a bit of pull on my curiosity.

It's supposed to obviate the need for anti-aliasing too, with Nvidia claiming RTX cards with DLSS enabled will run "up to 2x faster than previous generation GPUs using conventional anti-aliasing techniques."
By "conventional anti-aliasing techniques" they seem to be exclusively referring to super-sampling, compared to which virtually every other anti-aliasing technique is already substantially faster. 2x faster than super-sampling would still be significantly slower than other techniques like MSAA or the post-process effects that have been more commonly used in recent years. So, it sounds like it's more a matter of providing an antialiasing method that offers quality somewhere between those other techniques and super-sampling at a performance level that is also somewhere between the two.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
people who could afford the $1200 price tag for the Ti version have already pre-oredered on, I on the other who already have the 1080Ti don't plan to shell out the money at this time for a 20% speed improvement

BaRoMeTrIc

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017

The fact they won't even give reviewers drivers to test yet is crazy. i bet besides ray tracing and dlss these cards offer little more than 10-15% improvements over pascal, and thats not worth the $300-500 premium. These people selling their 1080's and 1080 ti's to upgrade are going to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.