Shadow Of the Tomb Raider Benchmark on my System - GTX 1080Ti and 8086K @ 1440P MAX Settings

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvEwHz3lxTI"][/video]

This game is no joke, likely not completely optimized yet.

Full system specs in my Sig.

Recorded with Shadow Play.

There are already Windows Update for it so if playing the game update Windows after installing it.

I don't like to trust in game benchmarks to represent gameplay performance accurately, so I found this gameplay bench. Using a 7700k and 1080, it's very close to my 8700k, 1080 SC spec. It mostly plays well at decent settings, cruising along at mid 50s FPS, which is generally fine for games like this, but at the 12:30 mark it momentarily dips to 25 FPS when sliding down into a new area.

This game is definitely on the extensive list of titles listed as game ready in Nvidia's 399.24 driver, so it appears you're right that the optimization needed is on the developer's end.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v4obZkCLBg"][/video]

Yeah it takes a lot of GPU power with the setting cranked up.

I ave about 80-90 FPS in game at 1440P at max settings with the GTX 1080Ti.

Ran my FPS counter on my monitor for awhile in gameplay.

The interesting thing will be how well it runs on the 2000 series GPUs with Ray Tracing on. Many have speculated it will considerably tank the performance, like pretty much any new effects feature implemented by Nvidia.

It looks awesome now maxed out on my GTX 1080Ti. :)

The graphics are incredible to say the least.

And it's very smooth.

Wow, great news, thanks, having very similar spec to yours except for 8700k and 16C RAM, I should be able to get similar results. Seems this game is very well optimized if it can pull that off with max settings at 1440p. I almost wonder if the rasterized version is going to limit interest in Ray Tracing with performance that good, because with RT on, it will no doubt be nowhere near as good on the new 2000 GPUs, and from what people are speculating, they'll be expensive as hell.

@jankerson,

"It looks awesome now maxed out on my GTX 1080Ti. :)

The graphics are incredible to say the least.

And it's very smooth."

Please make some videos if you will you guys. I assume you know YouTube allots 3-4 times the bitrate for 1440 uploads as it does for 1080? You either need a 1440p display or to resize to 1440p if you don't however. I've been resizing mine lately, as I only have a 1080p display, and my vids look much better now. It takes a hefty amount of bitrate though. I recommend compressing your 50Mb ShadowPlay clips to at least 22,000 bitrate. However YouTube recommends 30,000 if you capture in 1440p.

Please do, all the better if you can include that segment of the game I posted above showing the FPS meter so I can see if there's a frame dip at that 12:30 spot where Lara slides down into the new area.

Are either of you guys running the Nvidia Inspector profile for the game btw?

I am way past that section already, didn't notice any frame drops however, was butter smooth through that part.

What is the Nvidia Inspector profile?

Nvidia Inspector is a tool that appears to be an expanded version of something like GPU-Z (the initial GUI is very similar), but has another GUI you can expand which has a library of profiles for pretty much every game. It's a lot like RadeonPro for AMD, but MUCH more comprehensive.

It was originally designed for better SLI performance, but has evolved into MUCH more. Each profile has driver level tweaks to optimize performance. Even if the game is well optimized and it is of little to no use for performance, it has things like Force On for Vsync, for games that have crappy Vsync and resit external Vsync, an intricate framerate limiter, and even a "Power management mode" setting, which allows you to set it to "Prefer maximum performance" per game. The latter is much better than setting Windows to High Performance power plan, because it automatically disables when you exit the game. This means you can have both cool, quiet, low 800Mhz CPU idle while not gaming, and full power while gaming. That in itself is a Godsend in hot summer weather for those whom have no air conditioning.

Anyway, I was really just asking whether you guys were using it to make sure the great performance you're reporting was solely due to the game's optimization, and not an external tool. I mean that video I posted above was done on a 7700k and 1080, so you can see why I was skeptical when his had that severe frame drop.

[EDITED]
Just realized the guy that made that vid was using the Nvidia driver prior to the one optimized for this game. I asked him to record the same segment with the new driver, as his first comment stated he was going to try capturing with new driver, but didn't notice a difference in performance. I pointed out the 12:30 frame drop, maybe he didn't recall it or didn't experience it when not recording.

kiVPuZO.jpg

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/nvidia-inspector-download.html