4k or IPS for gaming in WoW - DOta and maybe PUBG ?

Scar13

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
Good day everyone,

I am looking to replace my current Asus - Pb278 - and would like some opinions on what monitor has really good vibrant colors??

I know to get glossy over matte, but there are not to many options.. I play mainly wow/Dota/ Pubg/ witcher type games..

My new hardware will be a i7- 8700 with a 2080 non TI so I should be able to run a 4 monitor..

But here are some of the break downs I am looking at

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q - seems overall great - IPS strong performer is there a ultra wide version?
Acer Predator XB271HU I believe this is the same as the above
Acer Predator XB271HK ??
ASUS ROG Swift PG27AQ 27" 4K/UHD 4k! - bad refresh at 60 is that ok ?
x34 predator - I can get used for about 600 - no dead pixels wouldnt mind curved - but will be vibrant ??
Acer Predator XB321HK 4k also...

thoughts??

Solution
I have the predator x34 and the predator x32b. You are not going to find a better picture as those are two of the best monitors in the world, they are just expensive.

But for me, once you go ultrawide, you just cant go back. I would jump on the x34 for $600. I paid twice that for mine.
I have the predator x34 and the predator x32b. You are not going to find a better picture as those are two of the best monitors in the world, they are just expensive.

But for me, once you go ultrawide, you just cant go back. I would jump on the x34 for $600. I paid twice that for mine.

Solution