BSOD ntoskrnl.exe + 0x124 Windows 10

Sep 15, 2018
Hello,
I am getting a blue screen only when playing games on my PC, sometimes very early and sometimes after hour or so of playing, my temps never go above 80. It used to never happen, I dont remember doing anything that could cause it. I have searched through many threads but nothing has helped me so far.
I would like to add that I have never overclocked. I also ran a windows memory diagnostic, updated all my drivers and tried reinstalling the windows.
PC spec: GeForce 750ti, FX-6300, 1x 8gb 1600mhz ram, 78lmt-USB3

.DMP file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RDO6W-kcQx6n8XbQy9SWEPIjOqN6i-DI/view?usp=sharing

Solution
remove any overclocking drivers for the CPU and GPU and see if that helps.
monitor temps, check voltages while in BIOS and make sure they are correct.

next step if you don't see the problem would be to install the overclock driver again but then under clock in an attempt to reduce the power consumption.

some motherboard bios will let you tweak the power settings and let you override the current limits. (I would not do this)
if the power management driver provided was not updated to match the BIOS version it might be rebooting the cpu at the wrong time. Sometimes you can reset the bios to defaults and get better results.
if the machine is old, check the connectors to the supplemental power on the gpu. Some cheap connectors can...
most likely you had a power problem, the motherboard then reset the cpu but the power did not delay the reboot of the cpu. This caused the cpu to get a cache error 8 seconds in to the reboot (power was not stable or the cpu was still too hot). This gets detected by the memory controller and the cpu called a bugcheck 0x124 to shutdown the system.

you will want to find out what caused the first power problem rather than focusing on the bugcheck.

note: amdide64.sys Tue Dec 4 01:49:28 2012
this file being loaded may indicate that your running your sata controller in ide mode rather than in AHCI mode. (bios setting) (very old file also)

I was unable to read the bios info. This is often a indication that the bios is very out of date. The bios sets various voltages and you will want to make sure it is the most current version you can get. Be sure to update the motherboard drivers at the same time.

typically you will see this type of error when a gpu pulls too much power from the motherboard. (happens when the GPU is running a game and over heats)

-old bios versions can also cause this (bios is tweaked by the motherboard vendor to fix voltage problems)

- the power supply can overheat and cause this problem.

- old systems might need to have dust blown out of the cpu fan, the gpu fans, and the power supply fan to prevent overheating.

-old system can have capacitors that are failing, inspect the motherboard for leaking/swollen capacitors

Sep 15, 2018

Hi, thanks for your reply. I think that makes sense and unstable power would be the problem.
However, on the official gigabyte website there aren't newer updates for either sata controller nor the bios (78lmt-usb3, rev 5.0), especially as I am running windows 10 and sata ahci drivers are only available up to windows 7.
I have cleaned the fans and even changed the paste on both CPU and GPU but that didn't fix the problem either. Also I cannot spot any failing capacitors.
Would there be any other fix to that?

remove any overclocking drivers for the CPU and GPU and see if that helps.
monitor temps, check voltages while in BIOS and make sure they are correct.

next step if you don't see the problem would be to install the overclock driver again but then under clock in an attempt to reduce the power consumption.

some motherboard bios will let you tweak the power settings and let you override the current limits. (I would not do this)
if the power management driver provided was not updated to match the BIOS version it might be rebooting the cpu at the wrong time. Sometimes you can reset the bios to defaults and get better results.
if the machine is old, check the connectors to the supplemental power on the gpu. Some cheap connectors can oxidize and cause power problems (you can lightly sand/scrape the connector cable to clean of the oxidation).

Solution