Should I run in 1440p or 4k?

Sep 12, 2018
I'll make it short and fast: I've got a 2600x and a 1080ti, which resolution should I go (2k@144 or 4k@60)?

I play a lots of different types of games like AC Origins

Solution
A 4k panel with gsync is really nice. It will keep your gameplay very smooth even if you dip below 60fps. The 1080ti can keep 60fps on most games. But there are some to keep that high framerate you will need to drop settings. Monster Hunter World is fairly demanding at 4k. But it is not the most optimized port either.

But if you play competitive quick twitch shooters, then you will like the 144hz refresh rate. It does make a difference. AC Origins looks great at 4k and wont see as much benefit with higher hz as say BF1. 1440p looks really good too.

Have you considered an 3440x1440? It is sometimes called 2.5k. You can get them up to 120hz and they are like have two 27" monitors together with no bezel. Most games support...
A 4k panel with gsync is really nice. It will keep your gameplay very smooth even if you dip below 60fps. The 1080ti can keep 60fps on most games. But there are some to keep that high framerate you will need to drop settings. Monster Hunter World is fairly demanding at 4k. But it is not the most optimized port either.

But if you play competitive quick twitch shooters, then you will like the 144hz refresh rate. It does make a difference. AC Origins looks great at 4k and wont see as much benefit with higher hz as say BF1. 1440p looks really good too.

Have you considered an 3440x1440? It is sometimes called 2.5k. You can get them up to 120hz and they are like have two 27" monitors together with no bezel. Most games support the format right out of the box. Once you go with an ultrawide, it is hard to go back. You can see more of the screen when gaming. It makes it much more immersive. Using it for daily computer task is great too as you can have multiple pages open on the screen at the same time. The only downfall is they can get expensive. But the Predator x34 is one of the best monitors on the market.

Solution