screen tearing 60hz montior gtx 1050ti graphics card

GUYK101

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
As the title states, my screen tears up, for example in youtube videos. I'm using a GTX 1050ti in a 60hz AOC monitor. I tried enabling V-sync via the NVIDIA control panel and it doesn't seem to work. Also tried triple buffering but nothing's working. Tips?

Solution
You're going to run into screen tearing no matter what with a 60Hz panel that doesn't support G-Sync. You can supress how much screen tearing you get by enabling Vsync, and triple buffering but it can only do so much. If it's bothering you that much your only solutions are get a higher refreshrate monitor (120, 144Hz) or a G-Sync monitor.

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015
You're going to run into screen tearing no matter what with a 60Hz panel that doesn't support G-Sync. You can supress how much screen tearing you get by enabling Vsync, and triple buffering but it can only do so much. If it's bothering you that much your only solutions are get a higher refreshrate monitor (120, 144Hz) or a G-Sync monitor.

Solution
GUYK101 which game(s) are you mainly seeing this? Can you enable FPS counter, via steam (or in-game) and see precisely the range of your FPS during game play? I have a 60 Hz monitor that only shows tearing when it crosses the 60 FPS threshold, but not when it consistently stay above it. Also, would you mind listing your specs please?