What Tom's Played This Weekend: Call of Duty Takes on Battle Royale With "Blackout"

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkod2001

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Played this over the weekend. it is total ripoff Pubg and Fortnite. Graphics are average but sounds effects are great. It played very well, no lag which is pretty amazing for beta. Never had this smooth play with PubG which is shame.

Krazie_Ivan

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
i keep seeing "hey, this runs smooth!" ...and it should with that old of a game engine & low graphics capabilities. but i'm guessing it's less about CoD, & more of a slight against PUBG - which is completely fair. PUBG is a mess in mechanics, bugs, & networking...surviving only on lack of competition.

i think the easy-button gadgets, lack of challenging gun mechanics, & ease of healing mid-combat will result in a very low skill-gap. combined with the RNG nature which can massively reward players by luck alone, competitive players are likely to get bored of CoD in a short time. kids on console will love it & keep it alive, but the door for a modern skilled military BR on PC is still wide open for a good game to capture a lot of peeps.

xelliz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Not really a Battle Royale fan, but I played some Blackout over the weekend. If this is separate from the BO4, I may play it. I haven't really cared about CoD since BO2.

Status
Not open for further replies.