Too Long of a Boot Time

Feb 25, 2018
Hello everyone! I need help with a boot problem! I'm going to try to stay organized on this post, so here it goes.

Problem:
After I power on my PC I get a black screen with a flashing dash like this ( _ ), minus the parenthesis of course, and then a black screen again for several minutes until my BIOS flash screen pops up and stays for about a minute or more. Then, I get the Windows logo and loading circle for several minutes until it brings me to the home screen where I put my login info in. After I reach that point, everything works fine, loads up fine and plays fine. I never used to have this long of a boot-up, nor have I had to wait for several mintues just for my BIOS flash screen to pass. I haven't done anything to invoke any changes.

Things I've tried:
Simple power cycle.
Updating Windows.
CCleaner.
Defragging.
Default BIOS settings (I was overclocked, not by much though).
CMOS reset by taking that little battery out and putting it back in.

PC Specs:
Windows 10 64bit
GTX 1080
Cosair 16GB RAM
MSI B350 Tomahawk Motherboard
Samsung EVO 250GB (boot drive)
WD Black 6TB HDD (storage)

Solution
bios up to date?
long waiting before post usualy means some of you hardware/connected devices have issues with detecting, you mobo doesnt have post code debug led, so...try to unplug everything from pc u can
keep just mobo/cpu/ram/gpu (no hdd, usb, whatever u dont need)
if the issue remains even with this barebone "PC", then it could be due to enabled am4 ram training mode
bios up to date?
long waiting before post usualy means some of you hardware/connected devices have issues with detecting, you mobo doesnt have post code debug led, so...try to unplug everything from pc u can
keep just mobo/cpu/ram/gpu (no hdd, usb, whatever u dont need)
if the issue remains even with this barebone "PC", then it could be due to enabled am4 ram training mode

Solution

TRENDING THREADS