Remove Windows 10? To Endless?

Jun 26, 2018
As Title Said , Im gonna Move Win 10 To Endless Because Win 10 is so Laggy,And i want to delete all win 10 file, the question is , if i deleted all win 10 file, did it screw my pc??
Notebook Spec
CPU : Intel Ci5 8250u
GPU : Intel UHD 620
RAM : 8G
Stor : 1TB HDD

Solution
If you delete the Windows OS files your PC won't run Windows (won't boot). Depending how you delete those files you could also delete your personal files.
Backup your files just in case.
I assumed you tested your system for comparability with Endless OS. In some systems USB 3.0 and WiFi devices might not work.
Nothing will happen to your hardware, if that's what you're referring and you could install Windows 10 again.
You could format the HDD while installing Endless.
Your computer components are fairly new, so it should not be lagging, unless you are doing tasks that require more power. Make sure there isn't a faulty hardware causing lags.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It shouldn't break PC as its just software. I have never seen anyone going from win 10 to endless before.

It seems the process is fairly easy - https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004976986-How-can-I-install-Endless-OS-on-a-computer-replacing-its-current-OS-

If you delete the Windows OS files your PC won't run Windows (won't boot). Depending how you delete those files you could also delete your personal files.
Backup your files just in case.
I assumed you tested your system for comparability with Endless OS. In some systems USB 3.0 and WiFi devices might not work.
Nothing will happen to your hardware, if that's what you're referring and you could install Windows 10 again.
You could format the HDD while installing Endless.
Your computer components are fairly new, so it should not be lagging, unless you are doing tasks that require more power. Make sure there isn't a faulty hardware causing lags.

Solution

br00n0

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015
Since you say that your Win10 is so laggy, maybe it's due to your HDD.
I have a similarly specced laptop and switched my HDD for a SSD.
A world of difference, windows loads in a handful of seconds!

Nothing better than a fresh Win10 reinstall on a brand new SSD!

Good luck!

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

I read up about it briefly just now, not having heard of it before. I don't think it would be my cup of tea, but I do find it interesting.

EDIT: I currently have a Windows 10 PC, and another that's a Windows 10/Lubuntu dual boot.