Computer freezes randomly during gaming blue/red/brown/grey screens

Sep 18, 2018
Hello,

I have an issue where during gaming, my computer will randomly crash with different colored "screens of death", the issue seems to be independent of load, temperature, or duration of usage.
I first had the issue playing Warframe with medium settings on DX11, where I encountered a red screen. The issue would happen intermittently under different circumstances such as load screens and gameplay. Upon disabling DX11 I found it to be far less common, although more recently I had it happen at DX10. I now have just had the issue after playing Tekken 7 for about 40 minutes on mostly high settings during a load screen(this time it was a grey screen).

I have attempted to reinstall drivers and avoid other 3rd party software but the issue keeps occurring. I have also attempted to use the sfc /scannow function in an elevated process of Command Prompt. It is worth noting that I usually have browser windows open in the background, and I have heard of issues with HTML5 causing crashes.

My specs are: (To the best of my knowledge, this is a prebuilt desktop PC)
Mobo: M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3
CPU: AMD FX-6300
Ram: One 8GB stick
HDD: WDC WD10EZEX 1TB
GPU: Radeon RX 560

Thank you for any help and suggestions.

Solution
Go into Reliability History and look for error codes and warnings that occur just before or at the time of the multi-color "BSODs".

The Event Viewer logs may likewise be capturing some error events.

And please add in your PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition.....

Ralston18

Titan
Go into Reliability History and look for error codes and warnings that occur just before or at the time of the multi-color "BSODs".

The Event Viewer logs may likewise be capturing some error events.

And please add in your PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition.....

Solution

TRENDING THREADS