New Motherboard Installed -Same Issue Occurring – Black Screen

Sep 19, 2018
New Motherboard Installed -Same Issue Occurring – Black Screen
Toshiba Satellite L655-S5050
I thought I had a motherboard/video card issue occur (due to previous error than a blue screen that I’d get randomly over the past year), however, now that I've replaced the motherboard I'm experiencing the same problem. Black screen, fan runs, I can hear DVD drive, no beep (speakers connected).
I've disconnected each hardware unit along with changing out to different RAM cards and utilizing different slots and no change. The last action I had taken prior to this issue occurring was I closed the lid on the laptop about a month back. I've tried the removing power/battery recommendations (Li Ion & power adapter) and even changed the CMOS battery with the new board. I've tried hooking up an external monitor (VGA) and no display.
The laptop will power off when i hold it down for 5 seconds ish. The laptop to me seems to be in a locked hibernation state vs my original bad video card idea. Thoughts? I'm going to see if I have a spare SATA drive to see if that changes anything. Power is of course good to the board at 19V. Possibly a bad HD?
Could it be a bad monitor or cable? What are your thoughts on next steps to test. Thanks!

MERGED QUESTION
Question from slik50 : "Motherboard Swap - Still same issue exists - Seems like stuck in Sleep or Hibernation"