Audio Loss After Updating Nvidea Geforce

Aug 19, 2018
My Desk Top uses a Acer Predator XB1 as its display. Although the audio it comes with is bad, it's still something. I updated my Nvidea Geforce Experience driver earlier, and after it finished installing, the audio on my monitor stopped working. I tried reinstalling it, uninstallling audio drivers, nothing has worked, I think it has to do with the Nvidea because when I usually update, the audio cuts off a bit, then comes back on. Right now, I tried resetting my computer to default settings, but still no audio. Can someone please help me?
PS: Before downloading driver update, I downloaded steam, and whenever I downloaded steam for my laptop, it always broke my audio, and it'd only be fixed after I delete steam, which is what I first did for my desktop.
Any suggestions welcome, thanks.

During the GPU driver update, the default audio output device could have been changed to speakers or headphones instead of HDMI or vice versa.
Open the Sound control panel, select the Playback tab and select the default sound device.
Also you could run the sound troubleshooter.

Aug 19, 2018

Do you mean by selecting the monitor as the playback device?
Currently it's set to it, when I try to test it, green bars show on screen, but i hear nothing.

Yes.
Open the Device Manager and go to Sound, video and game controllers.
Uninstall the HDMI Audio related to the display.
Right-click Sound, video and game controllers and select “Scan for hardware changes“.
This will install Windows default HDMI sound drivers.
Any changes?

If not try the previous Nvidia drivers.

Aug 19, 2018

So I uninstalled high definition audio like you said, but nothing worked, same deal with nvidea.
I tried disabling one and playing the other, still nothing.
I also redownloaded the geforce driver.

-You should have seen two high definition audio entries. Did you remove the one related to the display?
-Do you see your display listed under Audio inputs and outputs in the Device manager?
If you do, uninstall it, unplug the HDMI from your display the connected the cable back.

Aug 19, 2018

I see it, also do you mean HDMI or bluetooth cord?
I don't use HDMI cord for my monitor. I tried bluetooth cord, nothing still.

Aug 19, 2018
On the manual they just call it the audio cable. It looks like a usb on one end, and you plug it into a blue usb port on the computer, then on the other end, the monitor end, its this weird shape.

Aug 19, 2018

I use a DP cord, but there is also a cord that they call the audio cable, it's blue on each end.

Also, thanks for all the help you've been providing, really appreciate it!

Aug 19, 2018

Hey, thank you soooo much for your help, I really appreciate it, but I just found the solution
I unplugged the power cord to my monitor and everything is now working, thanks alot for your time. :)

That monitor, like most monitors, have audio in from HDMI or DisplayPort (DP) and the stereo plug is for audio out.
Glad the issue is gone.
If case it happens again, and if you can hear sound when you connect headphones to the monitor, then turn DTS off on the monitor settings.