Is it possible that Tom's Hardware ACCOUNT UPDAT is not safe?

Solution

If you can send an email to community@tomshardware.com, I can have a ticket filed and a member of the help team can fix that. Unfortunately we're experiencing a technical issue that stops users from updating their email addresses. We're doing our best working with the single sign-on provider in order to resolve the issue.

Graybush

Respectable
Feb 13, 2017
The grey/red lock you're seeing is an icon indicating that the site you're entering information on is not secured. Yes, the teams are aware that the forums are not on HTTPS and they are working towards securing the forums.

confusednall

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017

===================================================================
I had setup my account in 2017, entered a query about moving away from Windows to Linux for some general advise with the resources I had. When I submitted I realized the email addy was wrong, so went in to add the "2" to the end, but no matter what I tried I could not It might be because of FireFox's security features, but it still seems quite odd that something this basic isn't on https, since it was concerning my password and email.

We're not all virus ninjas guys, so https addys are what I personally consider to be a bare bones must have for the security of account info. I'd hope the Tom's Hardware team would agree? :p Just food for thought

The question regarding risk is what is there beyond the password and email address, and the answer is nothing 'critical' if we had shopping then it would be vital, but we hold nothing from you that is a security risk (unless you are reusing passwords etc.). However my understanding is that we are working towards it.

confusednall

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
so how do i correct my account's email correction? Can one of the dev's do that manually for me? If I'm being too much of a pest or asking too much I'm sorry.

e-mail details removed by Moderator

Graybush

Respectable
Feb 13, 2017

If you can send an email to community@tomshardware.com, I can have a ticket filed and a member of the help team can fix that. Unfortunately we're experiencing a technical issue that stops users from updating their email addresses. We're doing our best working with the single sign-on provider in order to resolve the issue.

Solution