Display performance seems laggy

Sep 20, 2018
Hi!

So I've just bought a new Display (Samsung C24F396) and it does not seem to be working properly with my grapics card ( GeForce 1060 6gb). The performance seems unstable and laggy. Also when using normally, but you can tell very cleary when highlighting the desktop icons with the cursor (example in video). It should be very smooth but instead it has a small delay (for compare maybe check on your own desktop).
Now here's the even stranger thing: When installing the drivers for my graphics card it works perfectly right again, but only until I reboot the PC, then it's the same problem all over again.

Video is to be found here: https://youtu.be/hR9nwXzD8CE

Thank you so much in advance, any help is appreciated :) sorry for any inconveniences while reading or in case I left something out.

Solution
You can also increase the Virtual memory. To do this is a little complicated in Widows 10. First search Windows for "Performance" and then select "Adjust Windows Appearance and Performance ". Then select "Change Virtual Memory under the Advanced tab. Next select the Custom option and the system drive. Then I suggest setting the minimum to 10,000 MB and the maximum to 15,000 MB.

This uses a small amount of your system drive as temporary memory. You can also do the same you other drives. This will increase the system resources, and should noticeably reduce the lag that you noted. But it can only do so much. The memory will probably need to be increased.
First off, when upgrading the graphics driver always download and install the driver from http://www.geforce.com/drivers . Choose the custom install with the clean install option. Don't use the Windows driver.

On the issue of lagging, I would suggest opening the windows Task Manager. It will give you the CPU % and Memoru % usage at the given time. I would guess that the memory usage is high. There are a few things that you can do to correct the issue. The first is to install more RAM. The second is to reduce the memory in use.

I would suggest going to the Start Up tab of Task Manager. The go down the list of applications and select any applications with medium or high impact on start up (not system or necessary applications). Then use the disable button at the bottom of the page. Then do the same for applications that aren't used every few days. Note this doesn't delete the application. It just prevents them from running constantly in the background.

You can also increase the Virtual memory. To do this is a little complicated in Widows 10. First search Windows for "Performance" and then select "Adjust Windows Appearance and Performance ". Then select "Change Virtual Memory under the Advanced tab. Next select the Custom option and the system drive. Then I suggest setting the minimum to 10,000 MB and the maximum to 15,000 MB.

This uses a small amount of your system drive as temporary memory. You can also do the same you other drives. This will increase the system resources, and should noticeably reduce the lag that you noted. But it can only do so much. The memory will probably need to be increased.

Solution
Sep 20, 2018
Thank you so much for your help!

I actually tried the first suggestion already, didn't help. At least not until reboot.

I did actually send the screen back, ordered another and works perfectly now.

For the record, I do not recomend to combine those two components.