Ssd problems windows 10

Aug 7, 2018
Have a really weird problem. The other day for pretty much no reason at all my computer running windows 10 crashes. Gives a blue screen with an error message that I can't remember, then goes through to 100% then restarts. Upon restarting all I get is a black screen and then after some time my motherboard will tell me it couldn't find an operating system. This is an ocz vertex4 ssd.
Next I try a usb stick with windows installer in attempt to repair the problem, however the installer will not load. So I try a different computer that's newer to see if my drive will boot and if course it does not. So then I try the usb drive and still won't go past the loading screen. So I try loading from the original drive on the second computer and now it's freezing up on loading screen. So I disconnect the vertex4 drive and now windows loads back up fine and also the usb drive works fine.
So not only will the vertex4 not load at all but it's somehow causing all other drives to be hang up on loading screen simply by being connected.
I don't understand why it causes everything else to freeze up too.

Anyone ever seen this, I know I'll have to do a clean install on a new drive but would be nice to recover all the old files. But I don't see that being possible if the drive screws up everything else too.

I've seen similar things happen, it's not ruled out. When the motherboard goes through it's POST it can get stuck on one funky part. You might want to get an external drive adapter. They aren't too expensive, and that'll let you get your computer running first and see if it doesn't recognize the USB drive that'll have your SSD in it

Aug 7, 2018
So finally got a usb adapter. As soon as it's plugged in it causes the computer to just about stop functioning. It detects the drive but if you left or right click it it just gets hung and the cursor keeps spinning. Also can't click cm on any icons o the Taskbar or notification area, they won't open. As soon as i unplug the drive everything I attempted to click on opens up without clicking on it again.

Something is seriously wrong with this drive. I don't think I'll be able to recover anything