How do I automatically end processes after exiting an application?

Ryathor

Distinguished
May 1, 2014
Hi, I was just wondering if there was a way to automatically end processes of apps without manually ending them in the task manager after closing/exiting them. Every time I launch the Battle.net app I have to make sure the processes of the Battle.net app and the Blizzard update agent are stopped, if not the the pc will crash, followed by the display/monitor shutting off and becoming unresponsive. Hope there are some solutions because it is becoming very tiring to have to end processes every time before launching the Battle.net app.

Thanks.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Looks like people all over the place are having problems with battle net crashing. You might have more success trying to figure out why it's crashing rather than trying to script a way to shut down these processes. I don't think it's possible to do this automatically.

Look at post by BlackSparrow, last post on page one.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20765158709

If you have Corsair ique software try uninstall it or stop the process.

What are your system specs, Windows and startup programs?

Ryathor

Distinguished
May 1, 2014

Hey, my system specs are, CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO AM4 Motherboard: MSI
B350 TOMAHAWK GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB RAM: G.SKILL
Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3200Mhz CL-14 Model#
F4-3200C14D-32GVR PSU: Corsair RMx Series™ RM750x — 750 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold
Certified Fully Modular SSD: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX
Full Tower OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Startup items are, IObit Advanced SystemCare Tray, Logitech Gaming Framework, Realtek HD Audio Manager and Steelseries Engine 3 Core. I do not have Killer network drivers installed or Malwarebytes. Also it does not cause a bsod the computer is still running but my monitor turns off and becomes unresponsive. Sometimes it will recover from the crash and return with an older looking border around the b.net app, If I'm not mistaken being cause by a display driver crash. I know what you mean that it most likely is an app interfering with it, and I can keep trying to see what app it may be.

Also to mention again, it's not crashing off of first launch, I can still launch and play the game fine, it's only crashing if it has been launched and the Battle.net and Blizzard update agent processes are running.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Fair enough, seems Battle net is not liking something. Try booting with no startup items in msconfig, see if that helps in narrowing down a culprit. If Battle net is sensitive to Killer network and Corsair software, who knows what else?. Seriously though, any bet it's them at Blizzard not doing a good job making it hard for people and from what ive seen there is a lot of people complaining.

Assuming Battlenet updates itself and you're on the latest version, try an older Geforce driver, maybe an early 397 or 391.35 (start with 391.35 first) if you cant find the process causing this.

Ryathor

Distinguished
May 1, 2014

I will try a selective startup, that's probably my best bet. And it is Blizzard slacking on the job. I understand they have a lot on the go, but seems kind of negligent, since they've straight up denied it in past support tickets when given proof it doesn't happen with other games/apps. And giving consumer's ridiculous work arounds on their end to fix 'their' problem.

Thanks again I'll try to update on how the selective startup goes.