Sep 22, 2018
UserBenchmarks: Game 72%, Desk 98%, Work 87%
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K - 108.8%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-6GB - 68%
SSD: WD Black NVMe PCIe M.2 256GB (2017) - 123%
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 70.9%
MBD: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
Would you say this is a accurate rating for my pc plz be nice :)))) i cri ez, could i stream with my spec or should i upgrade something(s) let me know

Stream ability depends a lot on your actual (not advertised) upload speed. Test it a few times with an online site like Speakeasy (or any in your area that might have closer servers) and get an average of 3 tests using the closest server.

Gaming performance wise your spec would be much better balanced if you upgraded your GPU to a 1070 or 1080. Your GPU is definitely the weakest link, and it's what does the most work in games.

As long as your ISP is of at least 5Mb actual upload speed, you could stream at 2500 bitrate, but 4000 bitrate or more would have better image quality. A bitrate of 4000 requires 8Mb upload speed though, 5000, 10Mb, and so on. The max stream bitrate YouTube and Twitch allow is 6000, but you need at least 12Mb upload speed for that.

Of course image quality also depends on games played, graphics settings, and FPS, and that's where more GPU power helps.

(Assuming you plan to stream on Twitch)...There's a Twitch server test program, that connects to any / all servers you specify, and gives you approximate quality assessment. All you need is a Twitch key.

Also, this speedtest gives estimates of likely services you can use based on speed / jitter - https://sourceforge.net/speedtest/

The problem with that test for the purpose of testing Live Streaming capability is the one thing it tests that is needed for Live Streaming, upload speed, it tests overly generous. On pretty much all sites I've tested my upload speed, I usually average about 6Mb with my VPN disabled. That site measures it as 13.5Mb.

If I were to believe that site I'd be able to set a stream bitrate of 6000, but in reality, I'm stuck with 3000.

I'll take that with a grain of salt since they average the upload test based on speed alone vs duration of time it stays at certain speeds. The result is if it starts out way high, which this test tends to do, regardless of only staying at that speed very briefly, it counts just as much as the long duration of time it levels out at half that speed. That is NOT the way to conduct such a test.

Sep 22, 2018

I usually get 300up/300down mbps, that being said would i be able to stream black ops 4 from my xbox to pc through an elgato in 1080p60 with any issues?? sometimes ill try to do fortnite and the ground is neon pink and neon green like the chuck did load, only happens when i start up a capture software.

Kinda changing topics there. The thread title asks about rating your "PC" for stream spec, not an Xbox or Elgato. As with anything net speed related though, the more devices you connect, generally the lower the speed.

That said, starting with such a high up speed you'd still probably have plenty in reserve. If you're getting pink and neon colors, that's usually a sign of driver problems on PC. I have no idea what it means on Xbox or Elgato.

You're kinda changing subjects like I said though, this is a PC Gaming forum, and you gave us no indication in the title or OP that it was about streaming from an Xbox. The device you stream from is what determines performance.