Remove/Disable Restart button

Nowky1

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
I want to know if it is possible to remove/disable restart button from start menu in Win 10 PRO.
I have been trying and been searching on the web if anyone has done it but i couldn't find anything.
I assume it's not possible? But there's sometimes someone who can get it done.

Reactions: deltonio2
To remove power options from the Start menu, you’re going to need Windows 10 Pro and launch group policies to restrict access to them.

An administrator account is required. To launch group policies, just click the Start menu and type Edit group policy. Navigate to the following path:
User configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar

In the right pane, look for an option called Remove and prevent access to the Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate commands. Double-click it to open its settings.

By default, this option is set to Not Configured, but in order to disable the power options in the Start menu, you need to enable it. Simply check the option that reads enabled and then close the window.

As the policy itself explains, enabling it also removes the power options from the Windows Security screen launched with CTRL + Alt + Delete. On the other hand, third-party apps could still be able to reboot your computer, so have this in mind when enabling the policy.

Needless to say, if you want to return to the original configuration, edit the policy once again and change its status to Not configured or Disabled. A reboot isn’t required.

If the policy is active, clicking the Start menu and trying to access power controls is blocked with an error reading There are currently no power options available. Pressing Alt + F4 on the desktop is also blocked with a message reading This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

Nowky1

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016

Well it's kind of complicated.. I have a PC that isn't really the greatest and when i have plugged in keyboard or mouse through USB it just freezes on boot but only when i restart it. If i shut it down and turn it on by button it turns on normally.

Nowky1

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016

Well.. it's not like a normal PC but it's a mini PC and has 4 2.0 USB ports and 1 3.0
It has a 2 core Intel Celeron N2830 CPU and 2gb of ram which is not really the greatest for this OS.