Help someone Need help

Sep 11, 2018
So I transferred 400gb from my ssd to my hdd I didn’t know you shouldn’t do that until my friend told me I shouldn’t, I just built my pc like 4 days ago so I was like whatever I’ll just reset my pc since I was having a lot of problem with apps, so I did I went to sleep since it would take a few hours, when I woke up my pc has shut down so I thought I was done but it turns out it didn’t finish when I went to access my hdd it couldn’t be used and made me format the drive so now I’m confused I think it’s good my steam work and I uninstalled those apps that don’t work I did try to uninstall battle net but it doesn’t and when I try to open it I get a message saying it’s missing files or whatever so I deleted the files and reinstalled it now it works but when you look at my desktop taskbar it’s just a file and not the battle net logo idk if I should be worried or something idk send help noob needs help my hdd works I installed the apps I uninstall on to it and the run fine except Starcraft idk what’s going on with that I know I’m an idiot but oh well what can I do

Solution
Is ssd the boot drive? How did you transfer them? Copy/paste? That is one way to break programs.

Copy/paste works for steam games and maybe WOW, since the clients are just launchers, but trying to move most applications by simply using copy.paste will end up with broken Programs.

Does Starcraft work? Is the only problem its icon? If not, try using Revo uninstaller and see if it can clean up Starcraft so you can install it again - https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2011/08/the-best-app-uninstaller-for-windows/

NO reason you can't install games on hdd since most ssd aren't big enough yet to store everything. Just have to make sure to install them there the proper way.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Is ssd the boot drive? How did you transfer them? Copy/paste? That is one way to break programs.

Copy/paste works for steam games and maybe WOW, since the clients are just launchers, but trying to move most applications by simply using copy.paste will end up with broken Programs.

Does Starcraft work? Is the only problem its icon? If not, try using Revo uninstaller and see if it can clean up Starcraft so you can install it again - https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2011/08/the-best-app-uninstaller-for-windows/

NO reason you can't install games on hdd since most ssd aren't big enough yet to store everything. Just have to make sure to install them there the proper way.

Solution
Sep 11, 2018

thank you so much