Im At A Big Crossroad & Need Your Help

sketchyfresh

Commendable
Sep 26, 2018
Hey everyone, this is my first time finally posting on here since lurking on these forums for awhile.

Quick background I am only playing Fortnite (Save The World) campaign part of the game. Which is more graphic intense with explosions and lots of random spawning.

I have a el gato game capture and I plan on creating videos for youtube on my PC. Being said, I will be playing fortnite and capturing my gameplay at 1080p while capturing at 60fps.

My current setup is very old and outdated.

MSI gtx 1060 6gb (the only good part)
amd fx-4300 (huge bottleneck)
gigabyte ddr3+ motherboard
ddr3 8gb ram
600w evga power supply

So my big crossroad is how do I go about upgrading my computer without breaking the bank?

Do I keep my current motherboard and install a fx-8370 (best cpu compatable for my mobo) and call it a day? Will that be able to play and capture fortnite at 1080p and hopefully get up to 120fps?

Or do I get a new motherboard (msi b350), new ddr4 ram, and upgrade to a ryzen 5 1600?

Problem is its such a big price difference when I have to upgrade to a new mobo and ram just because I want to upgrade my cpu.

EDIT: With my current setup, I think my motherboard only allows 1 cpu fan and 1 case fan? If so, how do I add an additional case fan?

Thanks for reading and taking the time

CrazyDingo

Reputable
May 1, 2015
I'd recommend hold out until you can afford to upgrade the motherboard, ram and cpu - it's better value for money in the long run since it will last longer. Take your time thinking about the cpu, to make sure you're getting one that will meet your needs for a decent period of time.