Help with windows 10 sleep and game

coolnate390

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018
I was playing Enter the gungeon and i couldn't save and quit at the point i was at, so i minimized the game and put my pc to sleep. next day rolls around and i reopen the app and it is stuck on a grey screen with text and a logo of enter the gungeon in a blue box in the top left corner. i can head game audio and interact with the game, but the grey screen remains even if i leave fullscreen. is there any way i can "refresh" the game so it is working again, im trying to avoid quitting as i dont want to lose my save. i believe windows 10 runs the game in direct x 11 by default.

Solution
There's no magic method to fix what you're experiencing. Games aren't even guaranteed to survive Alt+Tabbing from a full screen DirectX window back to the Windows desktop.

Only suggestion I can give is if you're running Windows 10, you can reset the graphics driver with the key combination of Win+Ctrl+Shift+B.

If you're using Windows 8.1 or below, you can disable your graphics card in Device Manager then re-enable it. Provided everything works correctly, that will just reset the graphics drivers and not require a reboot.

This will likely only help if the issue is with the graphics subsystem in your computer and not the game itself.
There's no magic method to fix what you're experiencing. Games aren't even guaranteed to survive Alt+Tabbing from a full screen DirectX window back to the Windows desktop.

Only suggestion I can give is if you're running Windows 10, you can reset the graphics driver with the key combination of Win+Ctrl+Shift+B.

If you're using Windows 8.1 or below, you can disable your graphics card in Device Manager then re-enable it. Provided everything works correctly, that will just reset the graphics drivers and not require a reboot.

This will likely only help if the issue is with the graphics subsystem in your computer and not the game itself.

Solution