Not sure how to fix this situation, could use some help

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
So I upgraded to Ryzen after having issues with my previous system and everything is great on the ryzen system, no issues there. My old system was giving me random restarts like crazy and I ended up doing a fresh install of windows 10 from another pc, moved it into the one with the issues, restarts kept happening.

The problem is that the copy of windows was Windows 10 N. A friend sent me the iso on dropbox, the only iso I have is for 10 N. I can't make a new iso because windows will not let you simply download it, you have to use the stupid tool, but here is another problem. In an effort to stop windows from auto updating, I put windows on a 25GB partition and it worked great, no forced updates.

It also stops me from being able to download this tool to make an iso onto my flash drive because it keeps telling me I need 8gb free which is 100% impossible. I want to do a complete fresh install of 10 since I have a new system and I don't want any issues. I can only reinstall 10 N which I don't want because I don't even own 10N, I have the activate watermark here. I have a valid key for windows 10 though.

I tried to emulate the browser to think it's a mobile device and I can get the .iso download, but it always fails at the very end for some reason. What would someone do if they bought windows 10 key online and had a brand new drive? I'm really tempted to just buy an N key if I can find one and be done with this. Any type of repair stuff I might do is going to stay on 10N, I could just do this and keep the watermark, it really doesn't bother me, but if I can use my valid key and get a non N version, I would much prefer that.

Solution

I wasn't download that, I was downloading the windows 10 ISO so that I could make bootable usb and install. You have to force your browser to think it is a mobile browser or else that iso link redirects to the stupid creation tool. Problem solved once I went in folder settings for download...

Colif

Win 11 Master
win 10 needs the 8gb space so it can download the files it needs to make the iso.

can't you increase the size of the 25gb install? give it enough space to make the iso that you want to make to reinstall proper version of windows 10?

cheaper than buying a new key

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014

Maybe, I didn't think you could change that w/o messing something up. It ended up being the most ridiculous thing causing this. It would constantly auto start the download and both chrome / IE had nowhere to change the default download folder. Maybe I missed it, but I searched all over and see nowhere. These articles say click downloads on IE and then there is a spot to click and change it, but on whatever version is current this definitely does not exist.

It did work to just manually move where the download default actually went to afterwards. Going to the folder properties I was able to change the actual location the files in this folder are stored and moved it to my other drive. Download completed and now set up with no issues.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Windows 10 will want to run the media creation tool on C drive as that is where it defaults to. Saving the media creation tool to another location doesn't help.

can you right click start
choose drive management
expand this window so it shows all drives
take am screen shot and upload it to an image sharing web site. Share a link here.

Whether you can increase the partition really depends on if there is any free space behind the partition.

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014

I wasn't download that, I was downloading the windows 10 ISO so that I could make bootable usb and install. You have to force your browser to think it is a mobile browser or else that iso link redirects to the stupid creation tool. Problem solved once I went in folder settings for download folder for chrome / IE and tell this folder not to actually save there, but to save on my other drive. this creates more room, download complete and now ryzen has been kicking serious ass.

Solution