PC keeps crashing! Cannot even reinstall windows, because it crashes during reinstall! Want to set my PC on fire, please help

Sep 29, 2018
Hey, my PC keeps crashing. It randomly crashes when I use it while browsing the web or some small MS application, but definitely crashes a lot more when I gaming. My PC has been crashing constantly for the last 3 months, and recently, it's been crashing a lot more and I don't know why. The CPU usage fluctuates randomly from 99% to a low percentage too.

The Problem
:

PC crashing during middle of games, while browsing Google Chrome, and even when it is idle and left alone. Crashes are also very random. Sometimes PC crashes 1 hour after startup or even 3 hours after startup. There is no pattern. When it crashes it's usually a black screen, and sometimes the speakers used to make a funny sound during the crash but do not anymore.

Things I have tried so far:

• Updated latest Graphics Card drivers from the ASUS and NVIDIA websites. (AFTER I DID THIS I AM CRASHING MORE NOW)

Changed Device Manager settings

Changed Sleep Settings

Checked for overheating in the hardware using an app that indicates the temperature (Max temp was 79 degrees Celsius in video card when playing game )

Changed BIOS settings

Took out Graphics card, cleaned out the dust and put it back in

CPU usage is at 99%, not sure how to trouble shoot that

PC SETUP

• Windows 10

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Finally, most recently, I tried reinstalling windows but now it keeps saying "There was a problem resetting your PC, no changes were made." when I use the "Reset this PC" option (not using bootable drive, doing it from via the inbuilt function). It fails EVERY time without FAIL. Also in the middle of the PC reset it crashed a couple times.

I am very close to purchasing a flame thrower made by Elon Musk and setting the whole PC on fire. Someone please help me, my PC is useless now and unusable cause of the crashing and IDK how to fix this.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Trey running memtest86 on your ram sticks, 1 stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher is likely cause of errors. remove/replace any sticks with errors

Try doing a clean boot and see if CPU usage still 100%
Carefully read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or it won't boot right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

that will tell us if its a start up program causing the usage

go here and download the App Shop. Run it and it will check you have latest drivers for motherboard - https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M%20Pro4/index.asp#Download

See if this fixes reset
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

reset uses the image files the 2nd command fixes.

Sep 29, 2018

I did everything you said. In fact, I also did a clean install of Windows via USB and reformatted my harddrives. My PC has already crashed 3 times since the fresh install - I also have updated my drivers. What the hell do I do now? I'm so sad.