Auto Chk program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK

Oct 1, 2018
So I very recently spilt soda on my keyboard. I took a wet paper towel and cleaned it off, no problem there. I went to dry it off with my shirt and I’m doing so I spammed every single button the on the right side of the keyboard. And immediately my screen went black. And I thought, “hmm maybe something just messed up”. I restarted my computer to be greeted by, “auto chk program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK”. Then a few seconds later my computer goes to a black screen with my mouse cursor, and a loading screen symbol on on my cursor. I am running windows 10 and an MSI motherboard

Colif

Win 11 Master
reminder to unplug keyboard before cleaning it in future

Power on and off your computer three times
On the third time, your computer will boot into the Advanced Recovery environment
Click Advanced Options
Click Troubleshoot
Click Advanced Options

Click System Restore, see if you can go back to an earlier time.

If not, boot into the recovery environment again, then try performing a startup repair.

If that does not work, boot into the recovery environment, then click 'Go back to previous version of Windows'

If that does not work.

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/autochk-program-missing-skipping-autocheck/c93207bb-80f2-40e1-a791-1178b8bdfc32

Before doing last choice, do you have a win 10 installer? On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

We should be able to rescue some of your files
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type Notepad and press enter
In notepad, go to file>open to open file explorer
Use file explorer to copy any files you want to save

once its all copied, I would suggest a clean install of win 10
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished