[SOLVED] Computer Monitor Flashing Different Colours (Red, Yellow, Blue, etc.)

Ollie_13

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
My really old AOC M19W monitor has stopped working and is only showing a cycle of colours. (Exactly like this video) I can't access the menu and the power button doesn't work, none of them do. The monitor comes on when I plug in the power and can't be switched off.

Even when not connected to the computer it still does the same thing. I noticed a buzz sound and then the menu popped up yesterday, and after that the buttons could not be used. The monitor was still connected to my PC and was displaying the signal fine, just not the menu. It was only after I turned the PC off that the colours appeared.

I don't have the remote for it, and can't access the menu. I haven't connected it back to my PC since I saw the colours as I have since moved it to try and diagnose the problem

Any help is appreciated!

Solution
So apparently after 2 weeks of not being powered this thing magically works again. I'll keep an eye on it but it seems like my PS2 might be possibly to blame as another TV is dying which had the PS2 connected to it. Weird.

Ollie_13

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
So apparently after 2 weeks of not being powered this thing magically works again. I'll keep an eye on it but it seems like my PS2 might be possibly to blame as another TV is dying which had the PS2 connected to it. Weird.

Solution