Windows 10 install stuck

R3PLAY

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
Hi.

I'm currently trying to reinstall Windows on my PC. It went perfectly fine in the past, but now I'm running into issues.

I'm trying to install a normal, 64 bit version of Windows 10 Home.

Hardware:

i5-4460
GTX970 ASUS STRIX OC
1TB 7.2RPM Hard disk
ASRock Z87 Fatal1ty killer
520W PSU from seasonic
16GB DDR3 RAM

After the install completes and the PC restarts, I get the screen where it say "Getting devices ready", this goes up to 100%, but never actually continues, the message dissapears and then I'm stuck with a black screen with the Windows 10 loading animation.

As a last resort, I restarted it by holding down the power button and then booting from the disk, I get the same screen, but after a little time it throws an error:

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, then restart the installation"

Just restarting will of course give me the same error.

I have tried disconnecting ALL peripherals except for the screen, without success.

Also, the flash screen of the BIOS looks kind of weird, it displays some letters / logo in the top left corner.

Is there anything else I can try? For now I've just restarted the installation and I'm going to wait for a bit, to see if it progresses. How long can this take?

Any help is appreciated.

R3PLAY

Commendable
Jan 19, 2017
Okay, so it just completed 5 minutes after I created this post. Turns out I'm just not patient enough, but it did take an stupid amount of time (+/- 25 minutes), I swear it didn't use to take that long.

Problem solved.

TRENDING THREADS