Can't get rid of login/pin screen

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Info for my PC is at the bottom for anyone that might help me with my startup/login issue. I read that Windows 10 Fall Creator has a "bug" that causes 2 logins when restarted or Shutdown, then fire up again. When I do turn it on again, or restart, I get the 2 options of users (which are both me) in lower left on sign in screen. Now I can choose the top one which is correct.

But I need to get rid of the bottom one (my duplicate of me) and I need to find out how to disable the entire login/PIN screen?

Thank you for any help, Denise

I did both the main suggested fixes, none of these worked but they are all set nevertheless. There must be something I'm missing so I hope someone knows.

Netplwiz (see attachments)
and one other supposed fixes in "sign in options" then under "privacy (please see attachment)

about%20HP%20pavilion_zpsizywwj6y.png

netplwiz1_zpsnlodwgk8.png

sign%20in1_zps8xdriw6u.png

off%201_zpsnd325jln.png

When you setup Windows 10 you created a Microsoft account which requires a password or PIN or both depending on your configuration.
To be able to get rid of the login you need to switch from the Microsoft account to a local account.
-Open Settings > Accounts and click Your info.
-Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
-Type the Microsoft account password to confirm that you're authorized to make the change, and then click Next.
-On the Switch To A Local Account page, enter your new local user name and password and password hint.
-Hit Next to sign out from the Microsoft account and sign back in using your new local account.

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Ok, thank you though, I appreciate you trying. I don't see another "user" to delete in that area. I made the problem myself as when I was starting up my new PC with Windows 10, where I had to sign in, the attachment (3rd one down above) came up and I couldn't figure out what it meant for sure so I created another login. I know it sounds stupid and maybe so, but the directions weren't clear "to me" anyway.

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014

This sounds good, haven't run into these instructions to fix it. I'll try it now and let you now:) Ty much, denise

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Jojesa, it didn't work. I followed exactly as you said, though sure that would work, made sense to me. I restarted, and the exact same thing happened only now it list the 2 logins under my new, local account name:( I already reset this pc to factory settings yesterday when I first hooked it up, to eliminate a lot of bloatware, but this Windows login has plagued me all along.

Someone said (in the different articles I"ve read) that Windows 10 Fall Creator has this issue, but still, no fix I've found is working for me. Any other ideas? I do appreciate your help, Denise

nwgamelover

Distinguished
May 25, 2014
Guess I fixed that. Went back into sign in options and deleted the whole password thing. I'm good with that, took me straight into desktop. Don't know why I didn't try that earlier. Live and learn.

I was able to deleted the password and pin many times following those steps. I was also able to delete the 2nd account afterwards.
Also you could create a new 3rd account with administrative credentials and delete both accounts.

Instead of resetting the PC, create a USB installation using Windows 10 installation media with the latest build from Microsoft website -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

During the setup, create a local account and you won't have that issue.