It looks like you don't have permission to access this file

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Well I followed that but when I get to search USER everything is greyed out. It did work finally although it was still greyed out. I'm getting a lot of errors atm but it seems to be going...I added both the users of this PC and the Administrator of this PC. But I am doing the whole hard drive so it will be a while I guess.

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
It didn't work...how to I find out what Windows 10 has named me? I show the Administrator of this PC and all users of this PC , which is only me, as having FULL control but still I cannot open my pictures.

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Ok so what I had to do was...Right click on properties, choose give Access to, Specific people, and choose my name Cheryl and click share and ignore the Network sharing option. *rollseyes at Microsoft*

something has happened. usually something bad when permissions go missing that once were good. sorry to say, that the best way to fix it is to try to repair or reset the pc, if that doesn't work, I would clean install windows.

the fact that this happened and you don't know why could be malware, virus or other bugs that are not normal.

you can try a System Restore point to when it worked and hope for the best, they are not that great at restoring in my experience.