Desktop background is there; then as I hover over icons it turns black. opening and closing browser causes it all to go black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suitsufm

Prominent
May 3, 2018
When I start up my PC; its all fine and dandy. Then eventually when I go over the icons they will turn the background black on that part.

Eventually when i load up a browser, steam or discord, and return to the desktop. my background has vanished and there is just a black screen. the Icons are still there and so is the task bar.

sL5km6d.png

This is what it looks like. To note; I have 3 monitors not just one and I definitely have strong enough hard ware to run them all; this issue has only just started happening to me since I swapped out Powersupplies and had heat issues with the PC.

Not sure if I may need to re-install windows 10 or if there is a simple solution to this? sometimes however the background will re-appear on its own; and none of my GPU drivers are out of date.
Anyone there who might have an Idea on what to do?

Solution
Hello suitsufm

Although most of the times such issues are related to graphics card and driver, if yours are already updated, a few other things that you can try include:

> Disabling Fast Boot

> Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command

> Checking for and installing any available Windows Updates

> Scanning your PC for any virus or malware

> Removing the graphics driver completely, and then downloading and installing a fresh and latest copy directly from the vendor's official website

Please report back if none of the solutions works, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!
Hello suitsufm

Although most of the times such issues are related to graphics card and driver, if yours are already updated, a few other things that you can try include:

> Disabling Fast Boot

> Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command

> Checking for and installing any available Windows Updates

> Scanning your PC for any virus or malware

> Removing the graphics driver completely, and then downloading and installing a fresh and latest copy directly from the vendor's official website

Please report back if none of the solutions works, and you need further assistance in this.

Cheers!!

Solution

suitsufm

Prominent
May 3, 2018

Hey thanks for the help! tried everything up there and haven't had any issues in the past two days!

Status
Not open for further replies.