[SOLVED] Input not supported

Oct 5, 2018
Am using this for karaoke.No problem with monitor when connected to old CAVS player.Hooked up to new RSQ player and all is ok except the input not supported screen will not go away.Any help appreciated

Solution
The problem with Acer monitors is often resolution and refresh rate, because this can happen with Windows as well, I tend to think that the issue is probably with the monitor having been designed for a very narrow range of resolution or a certain specific refresh rate. This issue was reported before in a number of places including here http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2974198/acer-p186h-monitor-input-supported.html When the monitor is plugged into a PC running Windows, it can usually be fixed by adjusting resolution/refresh rate in Windows.

So the question is, - can something like this be done with RSQ player. Is there a remote control for RSQ player? Does it allow to change video output settings? Have you tried that already? Are...

Moribund

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014

Using "this" for Karaoke. Using what, exactly? What type of monitor is it, make, model preferably. What type of input are we talking about Component/RGB, Composite, S-video perhaps? It's difficult to help when important details like that are omitted. Also, if you can find a manual page for CAVS player you mentioned, or post a photo on Imgur of what the back with all the connectors looks like, that could help.

Oct 5, 2018
Using ACER P186H monitor with 15 pin [strike]VGS[/strike] VGA cable.I geT A GOOD screen but with this annoying window that states input not supported.and it moves like a screen saver.This only started with the new RSQ player.

Moribund

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2014
The problem with Acer monitors is often resolution and refresh rate, because this can happen with Windows as well, I tend to think that the issue is probably with the monitor having been designed for a very narrow range of resolution or a certain specific refresh rate. This issue was reported before in a number of places including here http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2974198/acer-p186h-monitor-input-supported.html When the monitor is plugged into a PC running Windows, it can usually be fixed by adjusting resolution/refresh rate in Windows.

So the question is, - can something like this be done with RSQ player. Is there a remote control for RSQ player? Does it allow to change video output settings? Have you tried that already? Are there any other video signal supporting outputs on RSQ player or inputs on the Acer monitor besides VGA? I have no idea what VGS means. I assume you said VGA, correct?). I apologize for late response, I've been a bit busy on my end.

Solution