Is Windows 10 worth to upgrade now? More specifically for gaming?

redhot3

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
Hi.

I've been wanting to upgrade to windows 10 but so hesitating at the same time. I'm not sure if it will run all games or software without issues. I play modern and classic games.

I've been searching around but most posts are around 2 or 3 years ago. I want to know how is it now. And if you guys would recommend me to upgrade.

I have GTX 1080 Ti, so I kept telling myself that it's stupid not to use it for DX12. But then again, a few people say Win10 will have a lower FPS than Win7.

Thanks, I appreciate everyone's help. And honest opinions.

Solution
W10 will almost always perform slightly better in games than W7. And W10 is MUCH improved from its initial offering. It will play all games new and old fine. If you have a legal copy (activated) of W7 on your PC now, you can still do a free upgrade to W10 even tho the "official" free upgrade ended long ago. Just run the Create Windows 10 installation media and select upgrade. Do it! Upgrade.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
W10 will almost always perform slightly better in games than W7. And W10 is MUCH improved from its initial offering. It will play all games new and old fine. If you have a legal copy (activated) of W7 on your PC now, you can still do a free upgrade to W10 even tho the "official" free upgrade ended long ago. Just run the Create Windows 10 installation media and select upgrade. Do it! Upgrade.

Solution
as a windows 10 tester here. ms has started to listen to it user bases. the older version of windows 10 with tile screens did not work. windows 1802 and newer you can now customize it to more to look and act like windows 7. windows 10 itself still can have some bugs. the last big update people with intel and samsug ssd whe nthe update loaded crashed there rigs. you can google for toms and other people about that issue. the biggest issue is not having protection from some virus and other nasties do to your older os. as older version of windows are not patched.

redhot3

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
Thank you both for your response! Very helpful.

I was thinking of doing an upgrade but I guess I will just do a fresh and clean install. So I don't carry any hidden issues or errors with me.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Both ways will work. But if you do the upgrade first, it won't cost you anything, and then you can always do a clean install later since you'll be activated automatically and it will be stored on their server. No activation key to enter.