PC crashes when I play any game.

Shorkeyz

Honorable
Apr 15, 2014
Hey ya, have had my since 2013. Now just a couple days ago my PC crashes within 2-6 mins of being in Arma 3, Day Z, MW2, and Pub G.
Never had a problem over the years and has me stumped. Deleted all the game and steam completely, reinstalled everything and still have the problem. I can surf the web watch YouTube play music with no problems, seems like once u put a gaming load on my PC it crashes and I have to press the restart button to turn it back on. Any imput that would help me trouble shoot it would be appreciated thanks!

This link is a video of what it is doing when I try to play a game.

https://youtu.be/e3ZrfHcY4vw

CPU- AMD FX 6350
GPU- GTX 760 4gb
PSU- Corsair 600
SSD- 120GB
HDD- Blue 1TB
Memory- 8GB G.Skill
Mobo- Gigabyte
OS- Windows 10 Pro

remove any gpu, or cpu overclocking driver
remove any BIOS overclocking of the CPU or pci/e bus (bus should be 100Mhz)

blow out any dust from the cpu, gpu and psu fan.

this is the type of error you will get if the GPU overheats and pulls too much power from the motherboard video slot. the motherboard logic detects the problem and resets your cpu and you go to a black screen and then a reboot. no bugcheck memory dump will be produced in c:\windows\minidump directory.

Shorkeyz

Honorable
Apr 15, 2014
How would I uninstall any programs like that ? Never installed any oc programs, haven't use the pc in like 5 months just been sitting in my room. How did you find out it was a leaking capacitor? And wat did you do just buy a new mobo ? I'll try cleaning it out all dust and let you guys know wat happened

slingsrat

Honorable
May 31, 2016

If you have the older style electrolytic capacitors you can see on the top of them when they fail they will split open and leak. Your board from 2013 though may have the newer sealed capacitors.

download and run this from microsoft:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns

when you run it as a admin, select the menu option to hide the microsoft entries then you can see the list of 3rd party drivers that are being loaded. you can uncheck a check box to prevent the driver from being loaded on the next boot.
that way if it turns out you really need it you can check it again and reboot and it will load again.

if you find a entry you don't want you can delete the entry.