MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro NVMe SSD Review: Big on Endurance, Small on Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

elpresidente

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2004
I pre-ordered one in 960gb. Latency was worse than my xg3 from years ago- maybe tlc vs mlc difference? Was always >100us iirc, about 3x higher.

Krazie_Ivan

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
looks like fantastic value for long-term ownership with heavy write use, which fits a niche market perfectly. i'd ideally run a smaller EVO primary for OS/apps with Magician's Turbo enabled, and paired through StoreMI to conserve space with a large HDD for large apps/games, but have this BPX Pro for vid editing use instead of a dedicated media file HDD.

...just waiting on Zen2 for a dual M.2 mobo

ron baker

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
Turbo doesn't work on the nvme 970 ... Something they dont shout about ...means you can still run it on your old sata SSD for equiv speeds , tho .

cat1092

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Just purchased the BPX PRO a couple of days ago, the 512 (480GB) version from Amazon for an amazing $129.99.

If it's anything close to my three previous gen BPX drives, will be fantastic. My only issue with these, although running in PC's didn't affect me, were these probably not best suited for notebooks, as these generates heat. Mine are cooled with a Sintech PCIe adapter with 50mm fan attached. The fans has been upgraded to those with ball bearing type, as the included ones were of the sleeve or rifle type & became noisy at boot, would quieten in a minute or so.

Hopefully this newer version will run much cooler as posted in specs, so will be suitable for everyone in need of an NVMe SSD. BTW, this latest BPX PRO has been called the 'Samsung 970 EVO Killer' by an Amazon reviewer. Hopefully I'll feel the same, will be replacing a 512GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe with the BPX PRO.

Status
Not open for further replies.