Broken PCIE slot or broken gpu?

Oct 10, 2018
So the problem here is that I cant figure out if my GPU is broke or if my PCIE slots are wonky. So the problem first started with games crashing on their loading screens, they dont crash during gameplay or heavy graphics loads. When they crash on their loading screen. I get polkadot like artifacts on my screen and most of the time I have to force shutdown. Then I decided to move my card to a different PCIE slot. Problem solved! For a few months at least. Then, the same issues started happening again. Tried moving the card back to its orignal slot, it would work for awhile until I accidentally bump the pc. Mind you I am in college and I move this pc 4 times a year between my apartment and house, so i suspect my 1080 (big card) moves to create the problem with the PCIE slot. I want to confirm what part is broke so i can fix/ replace. Any insight would help!

It could be the fact that the card is getting loose while your moving your system and may require to be reseated. It could also be your card starting to play up and thats just the initial symptoms. I doubt its your mobo thats at fault since 2 different pci-e slots are experiencing the same issue.

TRENDING THREADS