Pc startup to UEFI BIOS Utillity - EZ Mode

adisselmanovik666

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
So i went to the gym and after i came back i saw thay my pc was shut down by the switch behind my pc supposedly by my little cousin so i suspect that he did something to the pc, i started the switch and pc back up and first the ASUS logo appeared on the screen and the it went to the UEFI BIOS Utillity screen. The first thing i did was pressing the 'Save and Exit' thing and it restarted only to come back againg to the same screen. What the hell am i supposed to do now.

Spinachy

Honorable
Feb 17, 2016
It sounds like your BIOS is a bit messed up. I suggest you "RESET IT TO FACTORY DEFAULTS", by choosing that option in the BIOS setup screen. This option is usually on the last page that says "Exit UEFI Utility", or something like that in the "Advanced" settings section.

You can also reset the BIOS by following the instructions in your motherboard manual. This usually involves :
1) REMOVE THE POWER
2) Use a screwdriver to short out the 2 pins on the "BIOS RESET" jumper, by holding the screwdriver against the pins for 10 seconds.

If you told us what make your motherboard is, we could be a bit more specific, because the instructions differ from brand to brand.....

Colif

Win 11 Master
What model Asus motherboard is it? Is the boot priority menu still showing your boot drive as 1st choice?

its possible turning PC off like he did could have corrupted the boot instructions held on hdd and as such BIOS cannot locate the files it needs to boot.

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB (we just need it as a boot drive)

put USB device as 1st item in boot priority
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
follow these steps - https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-rebuild-the-bcd-in-windows-2624508

eagle8

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
Just had the same problem with an ever present BIOS. Researched it with my old trusty WinXP - found this, tried F5, then F10, and it's fixed!
Thanks!