Just ordered most of my New Build for Gaming Computer

Sinafey

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012
Hey guys I've received most of the build I've ordered, waiting for restock on a few parts. I built my first computer 6 years ago with decent parts then, trying to do even better this time. I'm pretty sure my old build could have been overclocked to perform better, although I'm not sure what I could have done. So while I wait for the rest of my parts, decided to do a bit of research to familiarize myself with what I'm getting. Here is my build:

Case: Corsair Crystal 570x
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift 240hz 1ms repsponse 1080p (I prefer performance over visual quality)
CPU: Intel i9-9900K
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro series H150i
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 T2, 80+ Titanium
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RBG 16GB 4000MHz
Storage: Samsung 970 Pro Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
Storage: Seagate 4TB Barracuda SATA
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme

Then I got 2x 3 packs of Corsair LL 120 RBG fans to replace the ones on the cooler and use on the 3 other slots for fans

I have general knowledge on parts, but with this build what kind of stuff should I expect? and are there things that I should do that I may not do without your insight?

luckymatt42

Upstanding
May 23, 2018
One question is the 2080 Ti...if you're going for 1080p, even at 240hz, it may be quite a bit of overkill. Without more specific questions/concerns, that's my 2c.

Oh, also make sure your selected memory is on the QVL (qualified vendor list) for your motherboard. ASUS does play nicely with most memory, but you can save a potential headache by going by the manufacturer QVL (p.s. I'm not saying your memory is NOT on the list, I'm just recommending you check it)

What are you looking for specifically? Its the top end parts across the board - it will run great and is overkill in most every way.

I would have gone with 32gb ram up front and skipped a hdd completely.

Sinafey

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2012

Hey yeah I was thinking about getting 1440p monitor, but the 240hz and 1ms response is what sells me. I was highly considering 1440p for quite awhile but i play mostly shooters so I want the fastest of everything.
Ram type is good to go for the MB

Hey I would have gotten 32gb ram but i decided to go with 4000mhz over 3200, i forked out $300 for the 4000mhz i may end up getting more at a later date but for now i think 16g will be good.

The only question I really have is if there are overclock settings i should worry about or if I should just ignore that part since its good parts across the board.

Also I'm very excited so I wanted to post about it :) Maybe someone says something that is very important before its too late to return/change