[SOLVED] Can my old monitor run new games with 1060 3gb

Oct 12, 2018
I am having a monitor of LG(2007 model) 16 inches 60hz . Will I face any problem In playing games like PUBG if I had 8gb ram and a gtx 1060 3gb.
Will the monitor face some issue in playing game like lagging etc

Solution
basically if you have an 16" monitor it is better not to use it in gaming as the resolution will be too low. which will lower the gaming experience. also you will be needing some kind of connection converter as this monitor of yours is probably a tubed one which has a VGA input. new GPU's don't have VGA output.

daerohn

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
basically if you have an 16" monitor it is better not to use it in gaming as the resolution will be too low. which will lower the gaming experience. also you will be needing some kind of connection converter as this monitor of yours is probably a tubed one which has a VGA input. new GPU's don't have VGA output.

Solution
Issue?
You should not have issue as long as the at least 1 input of your old monitor is still compatible with the 1060 3GB.
If your old monitor only have VGA, that can be problem for new GPUs.

If it is a good choice, now this is the thing that could be tricky. Older monitors have low resolution and pixel density, the image reproduction is also far from good, etc. etc.