Any issues with this build?

steverserrano

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017
Hey Guys,

I'm putting together a build for myself and as I value the opinion of all you PC gurus here I curious if there is anything you guys think is wrong/problematic/ or would otherwise do differently with it.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RrV6mq

I mainly play League of Legends, and some older titles like mass effect 1, 2, final fantasy X, XIII. Maybe down the road I'll play with some newer AAA titles, but I do have an Xbox One X so....

My Goal overall, is to play LoL MAX settings 100+ fps at 1440p. And of course give myself room for other titles as well (otherwise I'd build cheaper).

thanks guys!

A very reasonable build.
One rule of thumb for a balanced gamer is to budget 2x the cost of the cpu rot the graphics card.
You are 1:1.
That is not all bad, the i5-8400 is an outstanding mid range processor so you can upgrade to a stronger graphics card in the future.

If I had any criticism, I would try to find a way to use a ssd.

I will never again build without a ssd for the "C" drive. It makes everything you do much quicker.
120gb is minimum, it will hold the os and a handful of games.
But, many things default to the "C" drive.
When a SSD nears full, it will lose performance and endurance.
240gb is the recommended minimum.

If you can go 240gb, or 500gb you may never need a hard drive.

You can defer on the hard drive unless you need to store large files such as video's.
It is easy to add a hard drive later.

Samsung EVO is a good choice for performance and reliability.

steverserrano

Prominent
Aug 22, 2017

If I understand correctly, the overall build should be 2x the cost of the CPU, not 2x the cost of the GPU? And yes I have considered SSD. I don't think I'll ever need to store videos or images so I may consider putting the $50 towards a 500GB SSD.