need to install windows 10, no boot disk 30f

simon7777

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
need to load windows on a laptop from another pc Im not sure how. The laptop has had a malfunction and say there is no boot disk 30f and says to install windows. it is a hp notebook 15-F272wm. My friends computer she dropped it and got sand all in it and got it wet so I cleaned it and it starts just has an error. I have a desktop. can I connect to the laptop to reload the windows or do I need a disk?

simon7777

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

thank you I will try the link and let you know but you might be right I was thinking the same thing that it might be a broke I have some old drives I wonder if I can just install one of them. My Dad was also retired Air Force 22 years Smsgt Richard E Moore. Rear Gunner on B52 and I think B36? my husband knows I will ask him , but My Dad was into computer science and he taught me a little bit not a lot. Parents were split since I was 3. But I take after him and I will take everything apart and maybe I will get it back together with only a few screws missing lol. Thank you for your quick reply

USAFRet

Titan

That link is simply to create a bootable Win 10 USB or DVD.

But this - "she dropped it and got sand all in it and got it wet"...sounds like far more of an issue.
It needs to be taken apart completely and cleaned out. Everything...full disassembly.
Not just replace the drive.

simon7777

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
yes sir I took it completely apart and it is spotless now only had four screws left. lol I gotta go to town and then i will try