Is 1060 6GB not enough for always over 100 fps even in loaded areas? (In-game fortnite)

Sep 13, 2018
So for about 5 months ago me and my friend built my first ever self-built gaming pc. At first i just wanted to be able to run games at a higher framerate than 50 fps (playing fortnite) but as time has passed (and now that I have a 144hz monitor) I now think that having under 100 fps makes it super hard to aim and play well. So what I want to ask is if I should upgrade my gpu to improve my fps from being at about 144 (capped in-game) and dropping during heavy loads to around 80 fps so it will almost always stay above 100 fps?

Case: Phanteks P400
Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 @3.6 GHz
GPU: PNY GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 6GB
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8x2GB 2400MHz DDR4 SDRAM DIMM 288-pin
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G3 550Watt 80 PLUS Gold

I play on a lower resolution (1154x1080) with lowest in-game settings possible. The cpu usage is at around 50% and gpu usage is at around 30-40 % always. The usage %'s dont change even when getting these low framerates in these loaded areas where more has to render. The gpu temp hovers around 65-70 c and the cpu temp is almost always 50c. (HWMonitor), Nothing is overclocked and i only use stock coolers, I have the latest bios for the motherboard.

Thanks in beforehand!

According to
https://www.techspot.com/article/1557-fortnite-benchmarks/

You should be seeing an average of 112 fps with a minimum of 93 fps @ 1080p and high quality settings.

As the last post said do check your cpu usage per thread to see if any 1 thread is maxing out.

Be sure to close any other processes that aren't needed while the game is running.

This includes browsers, especially if you have like 10 tabs open, they can take up tons of cpu usage on certain pages.

I doubt you are using all of your 16 gigabytes of ram, but it is also worth checking.

Assuming you aren't bottle-necked by the cpu I would normally expect to see 100+ fps minimums at 1280x720p with your current setup.

Sep 13, 2018
The max value of a single core was 85% and the highest values that the cores hovered around was 80 %. Some cores were averaging about 30% meanwhile others were averageing 65-70 %.

You might also be aware that testing on online games, rarely test in real world conditions. As in, they try to make the test as consistent as possible, so they do it without actual battles going on. In a real game, your FPS are likely going to be lower than the benchmark sites show.

Sep 13, 2018

The thing is when these guys benchmark, i doubt that they are playing in games/scrim games where the last few circles are full of player built structures or just buildfighting in locations where there are many buildings. My cpu is always running at 4,0 ghz in btw if that has any impact on anything (turbo-mode). So i feel like they are not pushing the game to its limits while benchmarking. I think that I should buy a new gpu since when testing my pc everything seems fine?

Sep 13, 2018
I mean if i play native resolution and higher settings my gpu usage goes up way higher. What am I supposed to do then since people with pc's that aren't that much better than mine plays at stretched resolution (1154x1080 for example) never goes under 100 fps

Sep 13, 2018

The ssd is as new as the pc (a couple of monhts old), and yes i reinstalled windows about a month ago.