Playing fortnite on a 1366x768 30inch tv on PC and graphics are kinda bad

Oct 15, 2018
My PC specs are a
Ryzen 5 1600x
1050ti
8gb ram

When I run fortnite the grpahics are pretty bad even when everything is on ultra. Its a little dark too(I turned shadows off) but I still easily get above 60fps. I'm just wondering if it's my TV and not my specs because I watch videos of people playing fortnite with the same specs and even worst sonetimes but their game looks fine, I think it's because they are running a monitor with 1920x1080. Do you guys think that's why my graphics are bad, should I get a monitor.

Solution
ah, yes, that one too.
If you are talking about that you can see the pixels a.k.a. the picture is not sharp enough.
Well...your TV does not have good pixel density, especially if you are sitting too near.
If the pixel density of the TV is just bad, even AA, DSR, etc. will not help much :)

The solution would either get a better TV or a monitor.
I think something is not right with your TV, if you already tried to adjust everything e.g. gamma, brightness, etc.

I am also playing PC games on TVs sometimes, from my old 1080p TV to my current 4k TV.
Picture quality on games were never the issue for TVs, I just do not quite like the input lag.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
30" is quite large for 1366x768 resolution, would be quite pixelated if you sit close.

A 1080p monitor would certainly be better.

Couple of suggestions

In Fortnite set 3D resolution to 100% if it's not already.

Turn up antialiasing or try increase the resolution using dsr in NvidiaCP. Select couple of the scaling options 1.20 and 1.50x and it should give you extra resolutions to try in Fortnite.

ah, yes, that one too.
If you are talking about that you can see the pixels a.k.a. the picture is not sharp enough.
Well...your TV does not have good pixel density, especially if you are sitting too near.
If the pixel density of the TV is just bad, even AA, DSR, etc. will not help much :)

The solution would either get a better TV or a monitor.

Solution
Oct 15, 2018

Than there is something else on your TV.
e.g. some TVs do not have the same downscaling/upscaling quality on all HDMI inputs, etc.
There are many possible factors to that.

I have never seen a big difference in term of picture quality between TVs and PC monitors.