[SOLVED] Screen Glitches Leads to DVI Out of Range

Quetzalcuotl

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
As an opening information, I built my own PC and been using it for 5 years since. For the last 3 years, my PSU started chirping but I don't mind it. But sometimes my PC likes to go blank randomly, and then I had to force stop it and start again. Sometimes it went well but most of the times it didn't, I need to dust it off first, so it can works well again. I was worried about this, but I don't take the chirping PSU much attention (this condition continues for 3 years till now).

But yesterday (14th October) when I was playing Dota, suddenly, the screen glitches and got hang, had to force stop the PC. But from then, my PC couldn't boot at all, but once it got booted, it goes black and shows the message:

------------------------------------------
DVI-D
OUT OF RANGE
33.8 KHz / 60Hz
------------------------------------------

I immediately get new PSU, thinking that my PSU might be the main problem. But once I installed the new PSU, I still got the same issue. With new PSU, I could get the windows up, only to show that the PC couldn't got repaired. Tried to reboot, but it ended on the "DVI-D OUT OF RANGE" screen. (note: it also showed some glitches when it goes to boot screen)

My hypothesis is, I need to change my Graphic Card since it's failing hard. Is this the right step for me to do?

=======================================================
This is my PC Spec, ran well for good 5 years, until yesterday...

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Intel Z77 LGA1155 ATX GA-Z77P-D3/A
CPU: Intel core i5-3570k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GBx2
Graphic Card: msi Radeon HD 7870 2GB
PC Case: ZALMAN ATX Middle Tower PC Case Z9 USB3.0 Z9U3 (Z9Plus Model) (CS3899) Z9U3
PSU: Kuroutoshikou ATX PSU 600W 80PLUS Bronze KRPW-SS600W/85+/A
Storage: WD Green 3.5inch IntelliPower 2.0TB 64MB SATA3.0 WD20EZRX/N
CPU fan: CoolerMaster CPU Fan RR-212E-20PK-J1 (Hyper 212 EVO)
SSD: Samsung EVO 256GB