I can't rap my head around with this problem with the 1st Assassin's Creed

Chess of confusion

Reputable
Jul 28, 2017
O.k so i brought and downloaded AC on steam and at 1st everything looked O.k until i noticed Lucy hair bun was see through and the fps looked O.k to..so i thought.

It wasn't until i started to record the fps was all over the place both on PC and OBS.. lagging so bad..and i was like.. this should not be happening with the age of the game and what i have in my PC.

Old i5 2310
GTX 1050ti
14 Gb Ram
But still more than capable to do both..

Another thing that happened was the screen went black on the load of the game but that soon cleared up... it's running on Dx10.exe.

when i run it on the Dx9.exe the good news is the hair Bun is fix and the game run's perfectly allowing me to do both.. Play and record at the same time.. the only problem that happens is in the cutscenes i have these's straight white lines all over the screen that i don't know how to get rid of.

So if anyone has any ideas that would be great. Thanks

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
Assassin's Creed ports have been pretty terrible since day one. Not all of them are bad, but I would say that there is not a single high quality port in the series. Ubisoft games have an incredible amount of DRM, and they are generally poorly optimized due to them rushing games out. Does turning down graphics settings do anything about the hair loading issue? All of the things you are describing sound like driver or directx issue. I know there were several versions of the 9 and 10, so maybe you need a specific one to work correctly?

Chess of confusion

Reputable
Jul 28, 2017
I'm not sure if this is what you are on about but here goes there's the AssassinsCreed_Dx9.exe the file version is 1.0.2.1 this one the hair is fix and game play is perfect but it has those straight white lines in the cutscenes.

And finely AssassinsCreed_Dx10.exe 1.0.2.1 is one is with hair problem and really bad fps

There are 2 other exe's that are the same act as the Dx10.exe but have different file version's then Dx10 they are called AssassinsCreed_Game.exe file version 1.0.0.1 and testapp.exe file version 1.0.0.1