RTX 2080 ti System Bottleneck? (Specs inside)

Oct 17, 2018
I apologize if this is a common question. My PC is getting a little long in the tooth, and I want to make sure I don't have any significant bottlenecks for an RTX 2080 ti.

Thank you in advance!

• ■ Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2ghz OC'd to 4.2ghz (Sandy Bridge-E)
    ■ ASUS P9X79 Pro motherboard
    ■ 32GB DDR3 Memory(PC-10700)
    ■ Corsair AX860i PSU (860W)
    ■ Windows 7 (yeah I told ya it's a bit long in the tooth)

I'm currently running a GTX 980 SC without any issues.

Thanks again!

I don't see anything that should cause an issue. The CPU is still decent and a 6 core 12 thread. Plenty of RAM. The PSU is one of the best out there (I have the same one) and is well more than enough juice for that GPU so long as you are planning to play at 4K.

The only problem is that with Windows 7 you wont be able to utilize any of the RTX based features as that is coming with DXR which is exclusive to Windows 10 1809.

Oct 17, 2018
Thanks for the replies! To give some additional context, I'm still gaming at 1080p. Most of the games I play are current/previous gen, but I do plan to fully upgrade my PC in the next 6 months or so (including moving to Windows 10.)

I ordered an RTX ahead of that PC upgrade because they've been so hard to find, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger, but wanted to be sure that I could actually use it with my current system in the interim. Sounds like I should be OK.

Thanks again.

You will certainly do better.
Particularly if you play fast action games.

As a quick check,
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.